Dr. Ngo Thanh Long received his B.S. (1999) and M.S. degrees (2003) in Information Technology, PhD degree in Mathematics for Computer and Computational Systems (2010) by the research on type-2 fuzzy logic based on computational geometry from LQDTU.
He is an Associate Professor at Department of Information Systems, LQDTU since 2009, after having contribution for 10 years as a researcher, software development atCenter of Simulation Technology, LQDTU.
His research interests are mainly theory and practice of intelligent systems, including type-2 fuzzy logic for image processing, robotics, GIS. Especially, he contributed in geometric computation for type-2 fuzzy logic systems, fuzzy clustering, fuzzy interpolation and hybrid systems. Also, he works on simulation and virtual reality, development of applications based on 3D technology.
- Editoral Board, Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics (JACIII).
- General co-chair:
5th International Conference of Soft Computing and Pattern Recognition, SoCPaR 2013.
3rd World Congress on Information and Communication Technologies, WICT 2013
- Member of Technical Committee on Soft Computing, IEEE SMC Society.
- Tutorial talk at International Symposium on Management Engineering 2012, KytaKyushu, Japan.
- Organizer: Special session on Fuzzy Set Approaches to Geosciences @ FUZZ IEEE 2017 (SS27)
- Reviewer/Program Committee of International Conferences/journals:
+ IEEE-SMC 2012, ICCCI 2012, SEAL 2012, ICCASA 2012, ISAE 2013,ASPIRE 2012.
+ ICIST 2013: International Conference on Information Science and Technology, Yangshou, China
+ KSE 14 (Hanoi), ICSDA 14(Hanoi), WICT14(Malaysia), SoCPaR14(Tuynisia), NaBIC14 (USA), ISDA14(Japan), CASoN14 (USA), FAIR14 (Vietnam)
+ KES.IDT 15 (Italy), IEEE Fuzz 2015 (Istanbul, Turkey), IEEE SMC 2015(Hongkong), MTA15(India), KSE15 (Vietnam), NISC15 (Vietnam), SoCPaR15(Japan), NaBIC15(South Africa), WICT15(Dubai), ATC'15 (Vietnam).
+2016: WCCI 2016 (IEEE Fuzz-Canada), KSE16(Vietnam).
+ 2017: IEEE-FUZZ 2017(Italy), KSE 2017, EIS 2017.
+ IEEE Transaction on Fuzzy Systems (SCI),
+ (Springer) International Journal on Fuzzy Systems (SCIE),
+ (Elsevier) Computers and Geosciences (SCI)
+ (Elsevier) Information Sciences (SCI)
+ (Elsevier) Knowledge-Based Systems (SCI)
+ (Springer) Vietnam Journal on Computer Science
+ IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SCI)
+ (World Scientific) Int. J. of Uncertainty, Fuzziness & Knowledge-Based Systems (SCIE)
+ (Elsevier) Applied Mathermatical Model (SCIE)
+ (Elsevier) ISA Transaction (SCI)
+ Jounal of Computer Science and Cybernetics (Vietnam)
- Dinh Dzung Nguyen: Hybrid Data Clustering based on Type-2 Fuzzy Sets.
- Minh Ngoc Vu: Type-2 Fuzzy Logic for forecasting models.
- Trong Hop Nguyen: Collaboration Fuzzy Clustering using Type-2 Fuzzy Sets
- Quoc Hung Truong: Granular Fuzzy Computing and Clustering.
- Pham Duc Nha: fuzzy co-clustering and applications